Tonachino Firenze™ can be tinted to any color using Universal tints or machine colorants. It is recommended to use Meoded natural concentrated pigments.
Actual color may have differ from computer screen .Test product in small area before application.
Select from any of our standard colors below, or give us a call at (323) 308-2600 for custom color orders.
Tonachino Firenze™ is a natural lime-based plaster which is used as a decorative wall covering system. This modern version of an early Italian plaster can be used to create magnificent exterior and interior finishes. Its natural makeup allows the Firenze™ to replicate the authentic “Old-World” sand finish.
With a unique blend of natural ingredients, like slaked lime, river sands, and marble dust, along with polymer admixtures, Firenze ™ possesses suburb adhesion, durability, and water repellency.
Available in 1 kg, 5 kg, and 20 kg.
We care about the environment, therefore All MEODED PAINTS products are ECO Friendly!
- Surface should be smooth, clean and free of contamination.
- Interior new surface – Prime substrate with PVA acrylic primer and let it dry fully. Apply one coat of diluted Meoded Quartz Primer™ allowing it 3-5 hours to dry.
- Interior & Exterior existing surface – Sand oil-based paints and glossy surfaces.
- Prime substrate with multi-purpose primer and let it dry fully. Then apply one coat of diluted Meoded Quartz Primer™ allowing it 3-5 hours to dry.
- Preparation of flat surfaces requires only the application of diluted Meoded Quartz Primer™.
- Exterior Brown coat – First surface should be pressure washed and clean.
- When surface is fully dry, apply Meoded Quartz Primer™ diluted with 50% water. Let it dry at least 3-5 hours. To economize costs, it is recommended to apply a leveling coat using finer grain cement or acrylic base material over the brown coat to fill up low spots and create a flat surface.
Use stainless steel trowel to apply Tonachino Firenze™.
First coat – Apply first coat in the same fashion you would apply a standard joint compound: in a smooth even fashion leaving a wet edge to avoid lap marks. While the plaster is still moist, it is recommended to use a wet sponge or a plastic float to create a more uniform design. Allow at least 12 hours to dry.
Second coat – If required to smooth, lightly sand first coat with 180-320 grit sandpaper before proceeding. Apply second coat in the same manner as first coat. While Firenze ™ is still moist, it is recommended to use a wet sponge or a plastic float to create a more uniform design. Avoid formation of dark trowel marks.
After a minimum of 48 hours dry, Water Block™, a water-repellent sealer is recommended to provide your finish with protection from moisture and dirt.
Click an image to view the full size.
20 kg 90-200 sq. ft. for two coats; depending on surface and texture.